The Special Study Permit (SSP) is issued by the Philippine Bureau of Immigration for foreigners who wish to engage in short-term study in the Philippines. It is only issued in the Philippines. Eligible nationals who plan to enroll in non-degree courses, including English, that last for less than one (1) year may first apply for tourist visas at the Philippine Embassy but should get the SSP upon arrival in the Philippines.
Minimum entry requirements for the Special Study Permit follow:
- Passport valid for six (6) months from the date of intended entry to the Philippines;
- Duly notarized letter from the applicant requesting the issuance of the permit;
- Duly accomplished and notarized application form;
- Certificate of acceptance issued by the learning institutions duly accredited by the Bureau of Immigration;
- Plain photocopy of the applicant??s passport reflecting its data page, entry stamp and authorized stay of not less than 20 days from the date of filing; and
- Bureau of Immigration Clearance Certificate.
Prepare all the required documents and submit the application through your tour operator. The application and other documentary requirements must be filed at the Bureau of Immigration located at Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila. For more information, please visit http://www.immigration.gov.ph/