The Family Code of the Philippines provides that "records of marriages whether performed by the Philippine Consular Officer or by the local religious or civil authorities shall be kept and transmitted to the Philippine Civil Registrar through the Department of Foreign Affairs" (Sec.664 of the Philippine Foreign Service Code).

Requirements for Registration of Report of Marriage

  1. Fully accomplished Report of Marriage From in four (4) copies (download form)
  2. If one of the spouses is a foreigner, Original Marriage certificate (with English translation if document is not in English and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the certificate was issued) plus three photocopies of each document
  3. For Divorced, Annulled or Widowed Applicants - submit Judicial Decree of Absolute Divorce or the Judicial Decree of Annulment or Declaration of Nullity of his or her previous marriage or Death Certificate of former spouse
  4. Four (4) photocopies of the passports of husband and wife
  5. Payment of consular fee of US$25 or KRW 33,550.

Filipinos whose marriage was solemnized by the local government in Korea should register / report their marriage at the Philippine Embassy, Seoul, within a period of one year from the time of their marriage. Otherwise, an affidavit of late registration will be executed for such purpose in addition to the above-mentioned requirements. 

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents from an applicant, to prove his/her citizenship or identity pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law (R.A. 8239) and the Foreign Service Act (R.A. 7157). 

NOTE: Application is from 9am to 12 noon daily. Submit your requirements to Window 1. The release of the document is after two (2) working days during non-peak seasons.